Moving out

Giving notice to move

If you stay until the end of the lease, no further notice is needed. You are expected to clean the flat and move out without further notice. Keys must be returned to your Kundcenter at departure.

If you leave before the expiry date of the lease, you should send an undersigned notice three calendar months in advance to the housing office, to e-mail We need your notice before the start of the three months' notice period.

Period of notice

The lease can be terminated at the end of the month occurring no earlier than three calendar months from the cancellation. We do not shorten the period of notice.

Example; We receive your notice on March 12. The notice period starts from April 1 and your lease expires on June 30. You return the keys to your Kundcenter by July 1.

You can not give notice of termination to the middle of a month. Exception; you can cancel the spring term and move out in mid January, if you give notice in September.


A moving-out inspection will take place during the last three weeks of your tenancy. Your Kundcenter will inform you in advance so that you can be present if you wish.


Please clean your room properly so that the next tenant can move in directly. Don't forget to empty and clean your cupboards in the communal kitchen. You may be charged for neglected cleaning.
Check our Cleaning advice .

If you have moved any piece of furniture from the room, it must be restored before moving out.

Empty your accommodation and storage of all personal belongings. Do not leave any food in the room or in the cupboard in the shared kitchen. The SGS staff doesn't store any items left behind.

Keys must be returned to Kundcenter by 12 o’clock at the latest the day your contract expires. Return the keys personally if possible. If the office is closed, put the keys in an envelope marked with your name and address and drop them in the slot/mailbox for keys outside your Kundcenter.
Please lock the door and shut the windows before leaving the flat.

If you rent a parking place from the SGS, you must give the Housing Office a separate notice one calendar month in advance. Scan the notice and send it to .
Form for giving notice is found under My pages.

Close your Internet account. You may use the contact form on the SGS website. Be sure that that you logged on under the section Chalmers international students-CIS.